Now that all our fabulous 2021 butterflies have found new homes, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on a very successful second annual affair and express our heartfelt gratitude to those of you who contributed to its success.
Thanks to your generosity, the Fountain Hills Community Foundation will be able to gift $50,000 to local nonprofit organizations during our 2022 granting process. Your favorite local non-profit organization will be able to apply for some of these funds beginning January 1, 2022.
We couldn’t be more pleased with Flutter at the Fountain’s success this year. And, because it’s extremely shortsighted to judge the success of an event like Flutter solely based on its bottom line, here are a few other fun Flutter facts which help tell the story:
- The highest selling butterfly was Beatrice with a bid of $2,250, followed by Desert Twilight for $2,180 and Magnificent Metallic for $2,000.
- Sparkle Fly and Dark Sky had the most bidders at nine each.
- One bidder went home with seven butterflies. Two other bidders took home three butterflies each.
- We sold 428 raffle tickets. Our highest selling auction item was Butterflies and Myth pendant which sold for $260.
- 160 bidders placed a total of 418 bids on the GiveSmart platform, for both our butterflies and online auction items
- Our youngest artist was seven years old!
You can view all the results of our silent auction on our website. And, if you didn’t win a butterfly but would like to still donate to Flutter at the Fountain, our Donate Now section is still active.
Our dedicated fundraising committee is busily looking for ways to improve our already fabulous community event. Stay tuned for what’s coming next year– and more importantly – how you can become involved in the process. If you’d like to volunteer to help with Flutter 2022, contact us at Info@FountainHillsGives.com.