The community is invited to join the Fountain Hills Community Foundation in their second annual Holiday Surprise Gifting program.
The program helps donors to identify and support local nonprofit organizations which are in need of a little extra help during the holidays. Those who donate to the FHCF’s Giving Fund make surprise donations to their favorite groups. The gift is made in a fun collaborative team effort called “Team Elf.” Once the donation is received, FHCF board members arrange a surprise visit with members of the nonprofit organization so the donor can personally surprise them with a monetary gift.
Any local 501(c)3 organization qualifies. Gifting ideas include:
- Fountain Hills Youth Theater: Support the youth actor’s holiday production of Elf Jr with a portion of production costs. “I Wanna Be a Producer” categories range from $300- $3200.
- Reigning Grace Ranch: $500 helps Reigning Grace host a local youth in an equine therapy program for one year.
- Arizona Junior Achievement: $800 helps sponsor a group of 5th graders in “Biz Town” interactive real-life commerce education day.
- Fountain Hills Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition: A contribution of $500 provides support to facilitate a vaping prevention curriculum for Fountain Hills Middle School students.
- The Golden Eagle Education Foundation provides scholarships starting at $500 to local high school seniors as they head off to college.
- The Fountain Hills Soccer League teaches kids about team sports and the importance of physical education. They utilize donated funds to purchase equipment and provide scholarships for local kids ages 4-12.
- Rescue Pals volunteers help care for abandoned dogs and socialize them so they may find their “forever home”. Costs for food, board, and vet costs are $250 for each dog.
Find out more about the FHCF Holiday Surprise Gifting program at www.fountainhillsgives/surprise-holiday-gifting, or call committee member Helen Whatmough (253-230-4224, Siobhan Doherty (571-386-7982) or Dori Wittrig (602) 558-5901 to participate.